Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our yard is full of critters


So, last night at bedtime Lucy wouldn't come inside. Last time she did this, it was because she was playing with/killing a mouse. Then she swallowed it when I tried to take it from her. A good hour went by, and we were about to put on shoes and get flashlights. I was thinking maybe she choked on a mouse and was dead behind the pool or something, but it turned out a shake of the treat jar lured her inside. First thing this morning, she went out and came back in with a little treat. Yep, my little rat-chaser dropped a dead mouse on the living room floor. 

But we don't think this one was its sister, because Dan said the one this morning was much bigger (maybe mom?). However, Ryker found and fell in love with this baby mouse, which is still in the bowl napping on our front porch as I write this. He wants to keep it. Though I despise mice with all that's in me, I must admit it's somewhat cute. But it's NOT coming in my home. Katie promises to take it home and raise it up until it's big and can be released big and strong. I don't think Katie plans to tell her mom. Ugh! I'm not looking forward to having teenagers! LOL! 



Here are the girls watching the baby mouse nibble on cheese. 


And then Dan comes home and hollers for the kids to come out front. Look what he found in the driveway. Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE snakes...fear them. Mice are second on the list. I'm not sure how I feel about this day, but the kids are beyond excited, as if it's a special blessing to find science exploding in our tiny yard. 




No comments: