Saturday, January 14, 2012

Our small sledding excursion

Friday I wanted to stay and get a photo of a nurse at the hospital who works nights, so to break up my day, Dan brought the kids (who had a snow day) to Lincoln to go sledding and have dinner together. It was the second time getting to use the sleds the kids got from Mema and Papa for Christmas, but the first time using them in actual snow. (More to come about the first sledding later this week!) 




The first one down the hill: Mommy!! Abby wasn't thrilled when I grabbed her sled but then she gave me a push, or six to get going. It wasn't that I didn't weigh enough; it was barely a hill!

Once they made a couple "paths" with their sleds, they used those for a fast ride down the bunny slope. It was definitely fast enough for them!

Whee!!

Abby took a break from sledding to make a snow angel. She's using her foot to put finishing touches on her art. 

The kids didn't need a push, but a good shove would make them fly down the hill, across the park road and into a little catch basin. 

Abby gets a push!

My little angel. 

My little....other angel. :-) 

The slave labor. 

Me and Ryker trying a tandem ride. He loved it!

There were deer ALL OVER as we were leaving. What a great family evening!


3 comments:

PizzaMan said...

Awesome!

PizzaMan said...

Awesome!!!

Eileen said...

Yay, for the Christmas sleds!!!

Mema