Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What you do when you kick off your shoe in soccer

I could not resist sharing this string of photos, even though it's not of my own family. It is, however, of my friend's daughter Addi who is practically like family. I think for that reason, it's OK. Plus, I asked her mom, or rather told her I was going to. The reason I love these photos SO much is because they just sum up Addi. Everything about her personality can be read in the images like a book. But since you don't know Addi, I'll do my best to tell you what's on her mind. I missed the first shot where Addi was kicking toward the ball and her shoe flung off. 

Thank goodness. A distraction from this game. 

 I'll need to put this shoe back on, but not right away. 

I'll walk over here a bit, not because it's out of the way of the play, but because this is a better angle so everyone can see me. 

This looks good. 

I can't get these on by myself, but I'm not letting on right here. Besides, I can probably figure it out if I have to. I'll give it a whirl. 

Ah, yes, my coach noticed there was a damsel in distress. It's good someone is paying attention around here. 

"Thank you."

OK, Addi's mom can tell me if I even got close. :-)  She's one of my favorite people to photograph, or I should say children. I love kids who have such a big personality that you can see it in all they do. Interesting kids, after all, will turn out to be interesting adults.